MedAssyst offers a number of solutions for the ‘smart hospital’, harnessing technology that has a proven track record in populated and challenged healthcare systems. Applying innovation to enhance efficiency, productivity and patient safety.
Smart Infusion Systems
Infusion pumps which are wirelessly connected and monitored via a central control panel, thereby reducing the need for ongoing physical checks by nursing staff.
The status of every infusion pump and their respective liquid can be seen from one central station.
Real-time monitoring of up to 99 infusion pumps from one station from an effective radius of up to 250m.
This Includes real-time warning alarms of for example empty bag or bubble detection.
Other product features:
- Highly accurate infusion via intelligent precise system
- Safe and secure with alarms for different states
- Autonomous intelligent infusion management, reducing the workload of medical staff
- Operates independent of mains power for up to 24 hours
Smart Nurse – Automated Phlebotomy
The robot comprises infrared vein locating technology, which pinpoints the vein with complete accuracy, first time, every time.
The robot can initially scan patient details for instructions on sampling. The patient simply places their arm into the sampling chamber, and the robot does the rest.
This includes, applying tourniquet/ pressure cuff above the site of venopuncture, and preparing the site with disinfection spray. Via infrared location and robotic arm technology, the system then performs automated phlebotomy with unprecedented accuracy.
The blood sample is auto-dispensed into sampling containers, and labelled for the laboratory. Finally, the robot applies a small dressing to the site.
Technical features include:
- Multiple degrees of freedom automatic puncture technology via 5 robotic arms.
- Image navigation and control technology, via built in bioinformation and mapping.
- Intelligent interaction technology: hospital IT system, interaction with patient, and self-monitoring.